Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Life - Not Just The Flowers


Mother ran off to distract me from one of her precious newborn fawns. One of the fawns went a short way and hid behind a lone clump of grass in the bare soy bean field, the other twin slowly and unsteadily made its way to the base of the cherry tree in the old fence row and lay down. The fawn lay there quietly, with only its breathing motion showing it lived. What a special treat to see while out with the camera.

I was able to slowly approach and move aside a few pieces of grass before stepping back to get in the close focus distance of my lens. 16 images later I retreated and watched as mom approached and retrieved her new family. Wow, I have so much to be thankful for again today.

I was out with the Canon 1DS and the 70-200mm L lens. The raw image was processed in Photoshop CS4, Nik Color FX 3.0, and Photokit Sharpener. The sky was partly overcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment