Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clouds,Dandelions, and A Treetop


Titling an image can be so frustrating.
What is it?
What does it say?
What feeling does it invoke?
Sometimes it comes right to me and other times not. With this image I decided to just make a statement about what it was. Lots of sky with wondrous clouds billowing about, some dandelions on a hill of grass, and a single tree top in the center poking itself up like Kilroy looking over the horizon.
The artist makes a statement with the title. What do you want to say about the image, what emotions do you want to stir, is it part of a bigger volume of works. There are many thing to consider.
This image was capture yesterday afternoon. I was needing a moment to relax so I left the studio for a break. I often relax with my camera since it gives me the advantage of the optical tunnel, which acts as a blinder of sorts, and allows me to escape into its private world.
The image was captured with a Canon 1DS, 70 -200 mm L lens, a Singh-ray neutral density filter, and processed with Photoshop CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment