Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Moment In Time - Lake Michigan Sunset

A Friend and I decided to venture to Lake Michigan to see the wave action yesterday. The power and sound were absolutely amazing.
To see them pound on the lake floor it became easy to understand how the sands on the beach were formed from the rocks of old.
As the sun continued its journey across the sky and began to set, I captured its passing and savored the moment. My experience was just like the sands on the beach or those stinging my cheek - a moment in time. The moment held many thoughts of past sunsets, and hopes to see many more. The thoughts that were most predominant were how fortunate I was to again to see the beauty and wonder of nature, to be able to share the moment with friend, to capture another memory with my camera, and to live to see another sunset. Life is good. 
The image was captured at Muskegon State Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment